Xolo Play 8X-1000 With New ‘Hive UI’ to launch next month
Xolo is all set to launch the Xolo Play 8X-1000 in the first week of August. The handset will the first to get the company’s Hive UI, which is apparently based on Android KitKat.
The XOLO Play 8X-1000 will be unveiled officially in the first week of August, and we’ll get more details about its specs then. The smartphone is expected to come with a 5-inch full HD display with Gorilla Glass 3. It will also be the first XOLO smartphone to rock an octa-core chipset from MediaTek, indicated by the ‘8’ in its moniker. Its sibling, the Play 6X-1000 is powered by MediaTek’s hexa-core processor. The SoC will be accompanied by 2GB of RAM.
Features of Hive UI are -
- New drop-down quick settings screen
- Circular controls to adjust brightness, volume levels
- Easy control switches to switch between either SIM
- Lock screen has notification icons for missed calls, message and email
- Homescreen gets a Chameleon Widget to display weather info
- All-in-one Media Centre which is integrated with last.fm
- Music player automatically finds the relevant album cover
- Edit the meta-data for organising your collection easily
- Contacts Book makes it easier to connect with your contacts using a single app
- Launcher lists all the apps alphabetically, chronologically
- One-touch RAM cleaner
- Theme manager that allows you to change the smartphone’s look easily