COAI – GSM User Base raised upto 71 crores in February
The GSM subscriber base in the country rose 1.24 per cent in January to 70.34 crore with the addition of 85.8 lakh users, industry body COAI said today.
- Bharti Airtel contributed 24.33 lakh users to take its subscriber base to 20.08 crore at the end of January. It has a market share of 28.55 per cent.
- Vodafone grown by 17.8 lakh subscribers to take its total to 16.21 crore and a market share of 23.06 per cent.
- Idea Cellular contributed 15.32 lakh subscribers to take its base to 13.02 crore with a 18.51 per cent market share.
- Aircel had 15.32 lakh new users and Uninor 11.35 lakh, taking their totals to 6.84 crore and 3.39 crore, respectively.
- State run MTNL lost 95,861 users and is now left with 33.67 lakh subscribers. BSNL did not report its subscriber figures.