Indian Railways launches a new mobile app “NTES” to track train schedules
Senior Railway Official said –
“Now rail users can get information on expected arrival and departure timings of a particular train on their mobile phones besides tracking its its position on a real time basis. Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), the information and technology arm of railways, has launched a new mobile application which can be used for various inquiry including train timings.”
A new mobile and desktop app on Windows 8 platform for train enquiry as an enhancement to National Train Enquiry System (NTES) has been developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), the IT wing of Indian Railways with support and consultation from Microsoft. NTES is the backend system which provides information to the public about train running on near real time basis through various interfaces like nationwide unique rail enquiry number 139, website, mobile interfaces, touch screens, face to face enquiry and display boards at stations. The NTES app is available for download and public use from today onwards. As the first step the app has been started for Windows 8.0 and subsequently the app will be developed for other mobile platforms.
NTES has features as –
- Spot your train – This query offers information about a train. Current running status, expected time of arrival/expected time of departure (ETA/ETD) at the queried station.
- Live station – This query has been given to replicate the display boards at station. One can see the trains expected to arrive/depart at any station in next two or four hours.
- Train schedule – This provides complete schedule of a train with all public stoppages enroute and schedule arrival/departure at the station, distance and day count.
- Trains between stations – One can find out the list of all types of trains available between any two stations over Indian Railways.
- Cancelled trains – This query displays all trains marked as cancelled on Indian Railways. The option displays trains which are cancelled through entire route as well as trains which are cancelled on partial route.
- Rescheduled trains -This query displays all trains marked as rescheduled on Indian Railways. The option displays trains’ rescheduled timings.
- Diverted Trains – This query displays all trains marked as diverted on Indian Railways.