Apple iOS 7.1 IPSW for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad is now available for download
Apple’s new update iOS 7.1.2 compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices is available for download immediately and it brings with it several new bug fixes and other enhancements.
Features of new update are -
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some third-party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments
iBeacon is Apple’s trademark for an indoor proximity technology which is, according to the company, “a new class of low-powered, low-cost transmitters that can notify nearby iOS 7 devices of their presence.” Apple has also released OS X 10.9.4 with various bug fixes and security enhancements. The build number is 11D257 and it comes in at approximately 30 MB over-the-air on the iPad and 32 MB on the iPhone. The update is approximately 1.4GB for a complete download via iTunes.
Install iOS 7.1 update via iTunes -
- Click on iTunes in the menu bar and then click on “Check for updates.”
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using an USB cable.
- Click on your device in iTunes and then click the “Check for Update” or “Update”.
- iTunes will prompt you to download and install the update.