Nokia XL Clocks 574,000 Sales in China in 5 Days
China’s second-largest e-commerce company JD.com sold 574,000 smartphones in a five-day promotion offered exclusively on Tencent Holdings Ltd’s Mobile QQ.
Investors have scrutinized JD and Tencent, China’s biggest mobile gaming and amicable media company, for signs of advantages from a $215 million partnership deal, in that Tencent took a 15 percent interest in JD.
During the August 8 to 12 promotion, the Nokia XL 4G smartphone was sold only through a link within the Mobile QQ app. More than 210,000 people ordered the smartphone on the first day, in a promotion offered exclusively on Tencent Holdings Ltd’s Mobile QQ app. The smartphone, offered by the Finnish handset maker following its acquisition by Microsoft Corp, is now widely available in China including on Alibaba’s Taobao market.
Specifications of Nokia XL 4G are -
- Display – 5.00-inch
- Processor – 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Front Camera – 2-megapixel
- Resolution – 480×800 pixels
- RAM – 1GB
- OS – Nokia X platform 1.1
- Internal Storage – 4GB expandable up to 32GB
- Rear Camera – 5-megapixel
- Battery capacity – 2000mAh
- Dimensions – 141.30 x 77.70 x 10.80mm
- Weight – 158 grams
- Colors Available – Black