Samsung launched Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 in India with Super AMOLED display
Samsung has officially announced its new Super AMOLED tablets, the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5, for the Indian market. The tablets will go on sale in the country from the second week of July. Pricing for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 will be Rs. 37,800 while the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 will be priced at Rs. 44,800.
Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT at Samsung India said -
“We noticed that most tablet users, especially in India, use their devices primarily for consuming video. This tablet will cater primarily for those users… the Samsung Galaxy Tab S offers the most immersive visual experience possible on a tablet.”
Specifications of Galaxy Tabs are -
- Display – QXVGA Super AMOLED
- Resolution – 2560×1600 pixels
- Processor – 1.9 GHz QuadCore (10.5 version) and 1.3 GHz QuadCore (8.5 version)
- OS – Android 4.4 KitKat
- Rear Camera – 8 Megapixels
- Internal Storage – 16 GB expandable up to 128 GB
- Battery – 7,900 mAh (10.5 version) and 4,900 mAh (8.5 version)
These have a built-in Fingerprint Scanner, Kids’ Mode with own dedicated interface, Ultra-Power Saving Mode, Call Forwarding feature via SideSync 3.0, Group Play, S-Note, S Translator, Samsung Link, Scrapbook, Story Album, Quick Connect to connect to nearby devices for content sharing and more. Both these have voice calling capabilities and 3G connectivity.