Sony launched new Xperia M2 Aqua, the waterproof smartphone for everyone
Sony on Tuesday has introduced its first mid-range waterproof smartphone – the Sony Xperia M2 Aqua – with the tagline ‘waterproof smartphone for everyone.’ The company hasn’t detailed the pricing as yet, but has said that the smartphone will be rolled-out in Autumn 2014 to several markets including Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile said -
“Xperia M2 Aqua is a significant milestone in our product portfolio as we bring yet another of our signature technologies to a new category of smartphones.”
Features of Xperia M2 Aqua are –
- The world’s highest level of waterproofing1 available in a smartphone2 at a price that suits everyone.
- Snap incredible photos in and out of the water with a stunning 8MP camera and Sony’s suite of creative Xperia camera apps.
- Sony’s flagship experience in a premium design with ultra-fast LTE and best-in-class processor performance for better entertainment on the go.
- World’s highest smartphone battery capacity in its category3 with long-lasting 2300mAh battery.
- Best-in-class 4.8” qHD display, perfect for one-handed usage.
Specifications of Xperia M2 Aqua are -
- Display – 4.80-inch
- Processor – 1.2GHz
- Front Camera – 0.3-megapixel
- Resolution – 540×960 pixels
- RAM – 1GB
- OS – Android 4.4
- Internal Storage – 8GB expandable up to 32GB
- Rear Camera – 8-megapixel
- Battery capacity – 2300mAh
- Dimensions – 140 x 72 x 8.6 mm
- Weight- 149 grams