Xolo Q1000 Opus received Android 4.4.2 KitKat update
Xolo has released Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) update for the Q1000 Opus that was launched back in December last year running Android 4.2.2. This is the company’s first smartphone with a quad-core Broadcom chip in the Q CORE series and also its first smartphone to get the KitKat update.
The Xolo Q1000 Opus is a dual-SIM phablet with support for GSM+GSM and features a 5-inch FWVGA IPS display with 480×854 pixels resolution. It sports a 1.2GHz quad-core Broadcom BCM23550 processor with Videocore IV GPU and 1GB of RAM.
You will automatically get a notification once the update is available for your smartphone or you can download it manually from XOLO.in and install it.
Steps for installation are -
- Download the Q1000 Opus KitKat update from XOLO.in and rename it to update.zip.
- Transfer the update file to your phone.
- Open XOLO Care App, select Update and then Check for software update.
- Your phone will automatically detect the update file that you have just transferred to your phone and then click continue and wait for the update to complete.
- Your phone is now on KitKat.
Features of Android 4.4.2 update are -
- Restyled status and navigation bars
- Color emoji
- Printing support
- New camera UI
- New phone dialer with ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad